Friday, July 25, 2008

Melonie Gillett to Perform at Costa Maya Pageant



Just confirmed to perform at the La Reina de la Costa Maya Internacional Pageant 2008 is Melonie Gillett of Burrell Boom, Belize. She willperform her new release "Rush".

From a baby screaming the second she came out her mother’s womb, to a woman finally achieving her dream of inspiring, captivating and charming the hearts of people all over the world through music, Melonie Gillett, born August 23, 1984, has risen from the beautiful country of Belize. She has taken her diverse heritage and compiled it with modern day R&B, Reggae, Dancehall and Alternative music to create her album entitled Melonie Gillett “Finding me”.

“I remember in school, only my family and really close friends knew that I could sing, I was always shy about it," said Melonie. "I didn’t really come out as singer until my early teens when I realized that if I wanted to be a singer, people had to hear me sing. It was then, with all the positive reactions, I knew I had to do something with my voice. I knew I had to sing!”

Though new to the ‘Ins and Outs’ of recording an album, Melonie held nothing back. In her song “Can't resist me”, she had no qualms about trying something new, when she combined R&B with a Punta insert and made it a club banger with a new and exciting twist!

Melonie has tried to stay true to herself, and true to her music by facing issues real to not only her, but to people all over the world. It might only be a first step, but getting through this first step has been years of dedication and perseverance. “It took me a while to get where I am now, but this is where I have always wanted to be. The possibilities are endless! I hope that I can bring energy, soul and passion to music and in so doing, bring energy, soul and passion to you!” Melonie Gillett “Finding me” captures it all.

No comments: