Saturday, July 19, 2008

Constuction Worker Suffers Burns from Electric Shock

Contrary to reports on the radio and other newspaper blogs, a construction worker was not electrocuted yesterday afternoon as the gentleman is still alive, but remains in the hospital for treatment to burns he received after being shocked with a high tension wire.

Lenning Rodriguez received serious burns to his left side of his body after he was shocked when he came in contact with a high tension wire close to construction site opposite Richie's Supermarket. According to his co-workers, Rodriguez lifted some steel rods that got caught electrical wires that run adjacent to the construction site.

Rodriguez suffered multiple burns to his chest, arms and back. He was rushed to Dr. Daniel Gonzalez for medical attention and then rushed to Belize City's Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital for further medical attention.

No comments: