Monday, June 15, 2009

Fire Averted

The San Pedro Fire Department was quick to respond to an early morning fire alarm, today Monday, June 15, after residents by Island Supermarket called in about a fire in that neighborhood. The firefighters worked hastily to put out a burning pot in one of the apartment's kitchen stove. The unattended pot of beans had caught on fire but was quickly extinguished before a large fire broke out. The call made to the fire department came from Belize City's 911 service. The fire chief reminds residents to keep the San Pedro Fire Department's phone number handy, as the response to a fire alarm is much faster with a direct call to the local fire department. FIRE call: 226-2372.

No comments: