Friday, November 14, 2008

Quick Action Averts Fire

Quite a lot of smoke pervaded the air jut about midday. Was it smoke from a barbecue? Indeed intense smoke was coming from a deep fryer from a house in front Ecologic Divers on Front Street Barrier Reef Drive. Quick and smart action averted a major disaster as some folks quickly put the steaming oil and appliance outside. Fortunately nobody hosed water unto the hot oil, for that could have resulted in a large fire. The fire engine was not even called to the scene as a fire extinguisher was used to cool off the heat and smoke. Thank goodness cool heads prevailed as panic could have been disastrous on a lot of wooden buildings in the area. This goes to prove that it is wise to keep a fire extinguisher in every kitchen.

No comments: