Monday, September 20, 2010
Thanks to the quick response of the San Pedro Police Department and the San Pedro Fire Department, what could have been a fire disaster in downtown San Pedro was prevent. Unofficial reports have it that around 1:00 p.m. this afternoon, the security guards of First Caribbean International Bank noticed that there was smoke coming out of the building adjacent to them (Spindrift Hotel). Reports are that smoke was coming out of the kitchen area of Caliente Restaurant. It seems that the water pump located inside the kitchen had some electrical problems which caused a thick smoke to come out. The restaurant was closed at the time. For more information on this read Friday's edition of Ambergris Today Newspaper.